Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Father's Day!

On Saturday, James and I went to Wal-Mart to pick out a couple presents for Michael. When we got there, James was determined to choose "the right" present for Daddy. He chose a Batman book, It is an adult version, but James saw the Batman on the front and new that was the present. Next he chose a "Fall Out Boy" CD. He saw the CD and said, "Daddy has that on our Itunes!" He then chose a really cute card and to top it all off, a Transformer gift bag. It was a great day!

How grateful am I to have Michael as the father of my children? Very much so. I have learned very quickly that he is a lot more patient, kind, and loving than I am. (he does have his moments though). He is a HUGE example to me. A friend of ours, Ammon Fellows passed away a few months ago and I am ever grateful for the legacy he has left with his family and his friends, and especially his wife, Victoria. She always talks about how wonderful he was, what a good husband he was, that he was everything she wanted and more. It has reminded me of the husband that I do have and how if Michael were to leave me from this life I know I would feel the same, and even more. He is my better half, my best friend, my guide to be the best that I can be. I love Michael and celebrate him today! (and everyday)

2 comments:

karen louise said...

I love that you have a love of your life, a best friend, a person that completes you and is a good daddy to your sweet boys. You deserve this man...so thank him, for being what you need for you. Love you, Jo.

Joanna said...

Joanna,
Thank you for your post. It touches me that you are so sweet and loving to me. I appreciate all you do for me and I love you.

Michael