Wednesday, March 25, 2009

The best weekend ever!!

For my birthday this year my hubby splurged for a plane ticket out to Utah to visit my long lost dear friends I haven't seen in 15 years. It was such a privilege and a pleasure to see each of them and how they have developed and blossomed into the most beautiful people. I was soo impressed by each one of them. They were all like I remembered and even more. The whole weekend turned out perfect and everyone seemed to have such a good time. 

This all started a long time ago when I felt I should join facebook. I didn't want to because I didn't want to conform to the trend. Well, I did thanks to all my mission buddies and it just kind of went from finding one person to another till I found my sweet friends again. I really feel like Heavenly Father played a part in this because I really needed to see them all again. It was a big boost and a reminder to myself to remember who I am and to be me and no one else, because people like me for me. I love each and everyone of these girls and this trip will forever be a start to many trips just like it.

Michele and Amy
Lindsay got to be there too! That was a real treat! I love you Linds!
Michelle, Shanda, Amy, Angela, me and Lindsey
My sweet Amy!
Kim, oh how I love you, let me count the ways!
What a privilege to see my childhood best friend Misty! I love you!
Stacie, Karlie, and Kim
What a treat to have Tami there! I love you Tami!
Misty, Angela, Lindsey, and Jessica
Shanda, and Michelle what hot girls!
Kim, you're the best I miss you already!
Misty, Me, and Shanda
Shanda you are so beautiful inside and out! I love you my friend!

6 comments:

Kelly said...

OH! It looks like you had such a good time! I'm happy for you that you got to have such a fun reunion with all your childhood buddies!!! That sounds like a blast. =)

Kim said...

Jo, I miss you!!!!! We will need to start planning the next one. I Love you!!!!

Anonymous said...

What good times! You are the same beautiful, sweet person that always made me comfortable. Thank you for not changing a thing! I will always love you!
And I really cant wait to be "on vacation" for the next one!

Sara, Nick, and kids said...

what cute friends!! i want to go on a trip like this:)

liso. said...

How fun!!! What an awesome way to celebrate a birthday - happy belated birthday from me, too!

karen louise said...

I wish I could have seen you while you were in Utah, but it sounds like you were busy, busy, busy! I'm so glad that you got to see all your good friends that you haven't seen for years! That was the best thing when we took the trip to Amanda's and caught up the whole time. I love and miss you, my Jo!!