Friday, June 19, 2009

Graduation from Kindergarten to 1st grade

Ok, I have a complaint. James' school had NO KINDERGARTEN graduation. I was very upset about this!! I am continuing to be upset because I keep seeing all of my friends pictures of their kids who had a kindergarten graduation!! I am very annoyed that we didn't have anything of the sort! We had an olympics! It was lame! The kids just went out into the field and ran around and then had snow cones! And then had pizza. Lame!
My sweet boy deserves a graduation. He had a hard time adjusting to the whole kindergarten thing he worked really hard! We did do a couple of things, we took him out to dinner and bought him a transformer toy. Just a little but I would have REALLY liked more. James has come a LONG way since. He reads now, can write a TON, sometimes sounds out his words well enough that he writes them down in the cutest way. I grew a TON too. I learned that you can't like every teacher your child gets, you have to stick up for your child, you have to love him more even though you are so tired of him getting in trouble at school you don't know what else to do with him. It was a hard road and we made it! I am just a whole lot wiser this time and hopefully it will be a smoother transition. Happy Graduation James!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I know what you mean! Spencer didn't have a graduation either....I was pretty sad about it. All the kindergarten classes had a party and the parents weren't even invited!! Dinner and a toy! WOW, James is pretty lucky! We didn't do that for Spencer. Tell James we are so proud of him!