Sunday, January 3, 2010

I did it

OK, Today I did my calling. I still don't know why I feel like I am being made to do something, like someone is pulling my arm behind my back and making me do it. It really isn't that bad. The kids in my class are good kids. I also sort of felt why I am in that class. There is a girl in there who has a single dad, and who I think struggles. She is such a sweet girl and goes to James' Karate school. I don't know why but I think I am there for her. I still miss my spanish people.

Also about 5 people came up to me today and politely told me how funny Austin is, It was his first day of primary as a sunbeam. He shouted " I'm going to shoot your head off!" and tried to play punch his teacher in the eye and wouldn't sit still, and I think I can go on forever. All I have to say is, none of that is funny. Does anyone want a cute, crazy curly head for their very own?

3 comments:

Sara, Nick, and kids said...

yup! i'll take him. i can come pick him up when i drop lilly off for preschool :)
anyways that is a fun age group you have... i must have all those girls in my activity days.
it does also help when you know the Lord is having you do this, and putting you in that position for someone else... rather than just for you.
i think the hardest part for me would be missing relief society. i have had to be in nursery the past few weeks, not because of andy, but because there have been helpers that weren't there. and i already really miss relief society

McIntire Madness said...

Primary is the best! I love it and I am even the nursery leader! Although, having to teach in Spanish for a long time would be hard to give up.

Mimi Collett said...

I love how you wrote that people "politely told you how funny" Austin is. :) You are definitely where you need to be. Although we do miss you!! You can still interact with the Spanish people. I don't know if it fits in your schedule, but you could come to the Book of Mormon class during the week that is in Spanish. The new time of church is hard for most of them to make it anyway, since they're working. They definitely miss you! And I believe your VTing involves Spanish people, so don't feel like you don't get to do anything anymore. They still need you (and love you)! :)