Friday, January 1, 2010

Just let it go.

A few sundays ago I was released from my calling at Church. I was the Sunday School teacher for the Gospel Doctrine class in Spanish. I did it for a little over 3 1/2 years. You'd think I would be relieved or happy to move on, but I'm not, because I'm being sent to Primary. I know I should be positive and think happy thoughts and do my calling. But I don't want to. I want to be with the spanish people. When they called me into this 3 1/2 years ago I was scared and nervous because my spanish wasn't up to par, I didn't think I could teach the people what they needed to hear, like I did on my mission. It was a lot of work but I'm grateful for every sweat and tear I shed for some of the most wonderful people I have ever met. I felt important in my calling, like I was doing something great. Just like I did on my mission, walking down the streets of Philly with confidence knowing that what I was teaching was true. I was given another opportunity to do it, I'm grateful for that. Now it's gone. I wasn't expecting it. I need to just let it go and move on to my newest endeavor, Primary. But I don't have the desire. I hope it comes soon because my first class to teach is Sunday. Wish me luck.

3 comments:

Amy said...

I feel for you Joanna. I'm in the same position. I was the primary pianist. Perfect calling. Loved it. Now, I just got called into Cub scouts. I have absolutely no desire! I'm sure we'll find a way to love our calling though, right?

Sara, Nick, and kids said...

omg joanna- weren't we just talking about this like 3 weeks ago at church....
me- "joanna you're so lucky you speak spanish, then you'll never get called to primary"
you- "we'll see..."
omg!!
good luck... better you than me :)
lova ya
oh p.s. what age group?? i'm sure this won't last as long as your last calling.

liso. said...

i read this the other day, and it keeps coming back to me for some reason... i love your words - they're very true to feelings a lot of us have

best of luck, tho...