One day before school was over this last year, James came to me and mentioned that he had been running around the track at school and told me that he had been running 2-3 laps without stopping. I was really impressed that he could do that. I wasn't too surprised though because he has always been really good at running, and also loves it. (takes after his mommy) So I asked him if he wanted to train with me to run a 5K. He was hesitant at first, but I talked to about what a great experience it would be and that I would go out and buy him some special running shoes for it. He was all for it. I made him commit by making a chart. We started in the dead heat of the summer so it wasn't very pleasant and we had quite a few fits thrown, but I was determined to not have him give up because it got a little hard. Well, he didn't give up and we ran it!!! He stopped a few times during the race, which was fine because it was a really really hot day. But all together he ran about 2 1/2 miles without stopping. I was so proud of him! He even looked at me, hugged me and said, "Mommy, that was really fun!" Hopefully he will do it again with me some day.
After the race

Before the race
1 comment:
Way to go Jo and James. That is something that he will not forgot. I am so impressed.
Post a Comment