Sunday, September 5, 2010
First Day of School
I love being a mom. But I don't like watching my boys grow up right before my eyes. At times I do, but it makes me sad, I try really hard every time they say something funny, or sweet, to take in everything so I don't forget. To see these next two pictures bring tears to my eyes, to know that my baby James is no baby. He is in second grade. He is so grown up and has grown into such a sweet, sensitive, kind, loving boy. The first day of school was so bitter sweet for me. I miss him all day, but he comes home so much happier, and has so much to tell me. I love it. Austin will be going to preschool also in September. He was sad to see James go to school, but I think he will be even happier to go himself. These two pictures are so priceless for me because we worked hard this summer on pulling his teeth too. I love his toothless smile.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Handsome boy! A heartbreaker for sure!! Miss you Jo!
He is so cute :) How does he like school so far? Alex keeps complaining he doesn't want to go. But he is the first to run to the bus stop. Silly boy!
Joanna,
One of the best things I learned while my children were growing up was to enjoy them at each moment and stage of their life with me as their mom. I cherished each little hand print, wiped up milk, wet kisses and the hugs and talk times--and knew the days would come that those would all be but memories faded into time itself.
So, enjoy the life within you growing and even though it gets bigger each day, cherish it.
I never wished away the present. Just BE and ENJOY! Take minerals for the graying hair. That slows it down anyway. But be serious, Look at your genetics. White hair can be beautiful too.
Love, Anna
Post a Comment