Now that I know we are having a boy and that I am excited about it I am obsessed with names. If you have ever had to name a boy, it is the hardest EVER! Michael and I have a hard time seeing eye to eye and every name, and I usually like to have a special meaning behind the name too, like if its a family name or something. Right now our list consists of maybes which are, Hunter, Trevor, Tate, Levi, Jack, and Niel. Each one comes and goes but I am not sure, so as for now I am going to take my list to the hospital and see what he looks like and then go from there. The boys like Jack and all they do is call him Jack so we will see.
Tonight I watched a SuperNanny with my boys. I never watch that show but wanted to see it because I always like to sometimes take into practice what I see or check off in my head if I am doing what SuperNanny teaches the moms and dads to do. In this one the family had 4 boys. Ugh! That is hard. It was interesting to see the energy of the boys die down the more one on one time the mom spent with them. I usually always try to do that but I think as of lately we haven't because of our busy schedule. This Saturday I got James a drawing book at the Library and I spent about an hour teaching him how to draw. It was so much fun and he was so shocked at "How well his mommy could draw". I reminded him that I went to college and studied art. It made me a little frustrated with myself for not taking more of an opportunity to draw and share my talents with my boys. It was funny because today in church there was a talk in Relief Society and she spoke a little bit on talents. I think I am going to set a goal for myself and draw a little more before the baby comes and do it with James. It is really stress relieving for me and I think it was for James too.
4 comments:
i like jack too.
do you have the movie the incredibles??
i will call him jack jack :)
I saw that drawbook (or at least a drawing book) when I sat behind you yesterday, and I thought to myself how lucky the boys were to have such artistic parents. I wondered if either of them could draw.
All of those names are fantastic! It would be funny if you picked a name other than Jack and your boys kept calling him Jack. :)
Joanna,
Did you know the nickname for "John"
is Jack? The boys may be little prophets, mine always were and still are when it comes to stuff like this. Aislyn came up with the name of a movie I wanted to get and I could not remember what it was, and she just said it out of the blue, "Secritariat". That was IT!!
Must run in the family genes.
Nice names. I almost named Cole Hunter so I am always a fan of that! Cole's best friend is also named Jack and we really like that!
I saw that Super Nanny!
Post a Comment