Thursday, February 10, 2011

James' 1st degree black belt








Well, 2 years, lots of money, crying, driving, and hard work has finally payed off. My sweet James got his 1st degree black belt on Feb. 4th. I am soooooo proud of him! He did such a good job. I was quite nervous for his because he hadn't been breaking his 5 inch boards at all during class, but when it was his turn he got right up there and broke them both!! I was beaming! He has grown up so much in the last 2 years. Karate has been a really great outlet for him and has helped him emotionally and behaviorally. I'm grateful to all his instructors and to the people who have supported us tremendously through it all!!! I don't regret one moment of putting him in it, and I can't wait to get Austin in it this coming August. So many times I have contemplated putting my boys in sports and when I finally put all sports aside I felt a lot happier for the decision that Michael and I made to become a karate family and go full force. I think any family that has really active boys should do karate. It teaches them how to focus, be respectful, competitive, confidence, etc. It is a really nice repeat of what we try to do at home. James tells us now that he wants to be a Jr. Instructor, which I am sooooo excited for. It will definitely help him with his leadership skills. I'm so proud of my boy and wanted to share the joy of our day!

3 comments:

McIntire Madness said...

So exciting! I'll have to look into Karate....
p.s. You look awesome! You are only belly.

Ron and Anna said...

Way to Go James!!!
Congratulations on making your black belt. It looks like a great family project. Austin aught do do amazing when his turn comes. I agree it is the best thing for them, and a wonderful sport activity.

Love, Grandma Mc

Sara, Nick, and kids said...

congratulations james!!
my uncle is a karate instructor in utah. i always think if we are ever able to move there i will have my boys take karate too :)