Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I never thought I would have a cankle.

Well, yesterday was a story I can tell my baby boy about. I was rushing to go get James at Nature Club because I was a few minutes late and I grabbed Austin because he didn't have shoes on to carry him to the car, took two steps and before I knew it I was on the ground screaming obscenities because of the shooting pain I had in my ankle. My neighbor came out, helped me up and Austin too (because I dropped him) and all I could think about was, I need to go get James. I hobbled to the car got in and started balling. It hurt to do anything, push on the gas, step on the brake. After I picked James up I quickly got the boys in the house, (James gave Austin a piggyback ride) and I fell on the couch and balled a few more minutes and then assessed my wounds. When the boys saw my bloody left knee and my huge ankle they both went into action. Austin ran and got the first aide kit and James quickly went and got some ice. They helped me take care of my wounds and then my close dear friends came to my side. Michael was off taking pictures of 150 people so he couldn't come until after he was done. My mom came and took me down to the hospital and Michael met us there later. To get right to the point, I have a badly sprained ankle (thank goodness it wasn't broken) a bloody knee and a really sore hip. A air cast and crutches later I am hobbling around like a pregnant, old lady (if there is such a thing). I'm grateful for my true friends and family who came to my aide when I need them. I'm also grateful for polyhydramnious (which is too much water around the baby), which cushions my baby quite nicely. The moral of the story is, don't carry your 50 pound child when you are almost 9 months pregnant, not a good idea. Pictures of my nice purple cankle to come.......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha, a cankle! You are lucky it didn't break! Slow down...your body has probably been trying to tell you that. Let me know if you ever need anything.

Sara, Nick, and kids said...

oh my gosh joanna. i'm glad you're ok. call me next time!
and i agree- let your body rest up before the baby gets here!