
We are soooo happy to welcome our newest addition to the family. Tanner William McIntire. He is a pure joy and is touching our hearts in every way. We went into the hospital around 8:30 Sunday morning to be induced. I was quite nervous, even though I had done this two other times. My doctor came in around 10:30 to break my water, and let me just say, oh what a relief that was! After the water broke the pitossin started to kick in. Everything was moving along nicely and I got the epidural when I was around a 5. I asked for a smaller dose of it so I could actually feel when I was having contractions. It did help. When I was finally fully dilated the pressure got to be quite painful. My doctor came in and had me push for a little bit, but Tanner did not want to come. She left me for about an half an hour, came back and had me push with the nurse again. But Tanner still didn't want to come. So she left me for an hour, and let me just tell you the pressure was a little hard to handle at times. I felt myself losing it. I had a great nurse and a great support system with me, My hubby, sisters, and mom and dad, I felt quite grateful at that point to have them. My nurse had them give me a pain reliever which I was quite grateful for. At about 5:00 our little Tanner had finally decided to descend. My nurse came in and my sister and hubby helped me push the rest of the way. Which didn't take long at all. He came at about 5:25 p.m. and weighed, 9 pounds 7 ounces and 21 inches. It also didn't take Michael and I very much time to decide his name. Tanner was a last minute name, that came to my mind and was surprising to find that Michael liked it to, so we went with it and his middle name we took after my grandpa who we have never met, he died in a car accident when my mom was little. I'm so grateful to have this sweet baby in our family, it is an adjustment and we are taking one day at a time, but I am in love and so our my boys. I couldn't be more blessed.
2 comments:
So cute! We can't wait to meet him.
Congratulations. He is definitely beautiful!
Post a Comment