Saturday, December 17, 2011

Can't believe Christmas is right around the corner!

I can't believe Christmas is in just a couple of weeks. I feel like it has gone by way too fast. I did reach my goal this year to handmake all of my presents except for Santa's. I don't know how I did it but I did. I even made time to make reindeer hats for the boys. It has all been a fog and I couldn't tell you when or how I finished everything but I did. I'm quite tired but hey, its a goal completed. I'm excited to see the boys give each other their presents. My boys are so thoughtful that way, they like to give each other presents more than they like to get them. It is quite exciting. I let them pick out a present for Tanner and they are way excited to give it to him because Tanner will care more about the box and wrapping paper and ribbon more than the presents.
I always try to focus on the giving then the getting, I think we all do but it has been very hard to focus on anything but just getting through each day. Michael had knee surgery on Tuesday. He had a torn meniscus which is a simple 20 minute procedure that turned into a 45 minute procedure. The doctor found that Michael has calcium deposits in his cartilage that are making his cartilage brittle. Because of that he had multiple tears that needed to be repaired. They also took a sample and sent it away to the lab to see why his knee is doing this. Michael and I are convinced that it is his lupus which causes symptoms like this, so we are curious to see what the doctor will find. He will eventually have to have a knee replacement. We are going to check on the right one at his followup, so we will see. It has made me quite worried, I don't like to see my strong man all crippled up. He is doing really well, and even walking and going to work. Knowing my Michael he will be back to normal in a couple of months.
Not only has Michael had some issues, our baby Tanner is still making our life miserable in the middle of the night. I think I have been blessed with lots of health these last 9 months because some days I function on only about 3 or 4 hours of good sleep. And (knock on wood) my body seems to be holding up well. Tanner is our worse teether yet. With every tooth that has come in he is gotten a cold, bronchitis, ear infection, or at one point almost pneumonia. I thank Heavenly Father every day that he is one happy boy considering his issues. So far he has had a bronchoscopy, an upper GI, and ear tubes. His stomach is also really really sensitive, he doesn't do well with anesthesia, so after two of the three procedures comes vomiting the next day. It has been really really rough on me and my grey hairs but I am so grateful for Tanner's sweet and loving nature and the happy spirit he brings to our home and to our older two boys. What I hear and try to remember every day I feel it is rough is, "This too shall pass..." Yes it will pass but some days I wish sooner than others.
Today we did some fun reindeer hat pictures for the studio, I thought I would share my favorites. I think each one of them show our silly boys personalities. Enjoy!








6 comments:

Kevin and DeNiel said...

So adorable!

Ron and Anna said...

Those boys are so handsome. Joanna, those Reindeer hats are adorable. Good job. The boys look so Christmasy. Love them to pieces. Can't wait to see them again.
Love, Grandma Anna

Ron and Anna said...

Boys look mighty happy. Miss the happy little folks. Ron

Mimi Collett said...

I can't even handle how cute those reindeer pictures are! And I am so impressed that you made all the presents! I had no idea Michael had had surgery. You have had so much on your plate this year.

TLC said...

Jo, the reindeer hats are classic - you could make a mint selling them on the internet, but of course, what makes them cute is the boys wearing them! Congratulations on finishing your goal to do your hand made gifts - you are so talented that any gift you give is a treasure.

I hope you are all well - I FINALLY had some down town so I could review my favorite blog sites:) - Love you guys!

Sara, Nick, and kids said...

Can you believe how happy tanner is in all those pics!? Too cute! I can't believe you actually made those hats. Uh-mazing.
Here's to an easier 2012 for Joanna!! Love your guts- hang in there!!!