Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Best Mother's Day EVER!

I know I'm behind in writing about Mothers Day, but the month of May has been insane. My Mother's Day was the best. I try not to expect anything on Mother's Day because I hate being disappointed. I was getting ready for church and I could hear Michael and the two older boys in the kitchen busy at work. I just smiled and felt pretty special. When they were done they came and got me. They had made crepes, strawberries, and whipped cream. My oldest James had made the cutest card for me and Austin had made a card and had got some flowers for me. It was so sweet. I love it when they make sweet cards for me. And then Michael got me the mother of all gifts, my ninja blender!!! I was so excited. I have wanted one forever and was so grateful that he got it for me. I LOVED IT!! When we got to church I wasn't expecting this, but I just felt so emotional. All this talk about mothers and my mom wasn't there. I know she is doing something great with my dad, but I missed her so much. I really have the best mom ever. She is the kindest, most sensitive, Christlike person I know. And I just wanted her there. We got in the car to go home and James, my oldest threw a card at me and looked quite forlorn in his face. I asked him what was wrong and he motioned with his head to the card and said, "Open it." The card was a bio about me, and it was empty. When I asked him why it was empty, he cried. He said, "Mom I don't know anything about you." I felt so bad for him and told him that he probably knew more than he thought. So, on the way home we went through the questions and told him to not worry. When we got home, I hugged him and told him thank you for trying. It was just so sweet. Later, we had my sisters over and their families for dinner. I missed my sister Lindsay and her family though. She ended up texting me. I just wish she lived close. There was something about the whole day that just seemed so peaceful. I love being a mom especially a mom of all boys. They have taught me so much about being a mom and I am grateful every day for their energy and love for life.

1 comment:

Mimi Collett said...

James's moment of "I don't know anything about you" reminds me of when I was nine or so and drew a picture of my mom for her. I colored her eyes brown, and then I didn't understand why my picture made her sad. She eventually told me to actually look at her, and I saw that she has blue eyes. That was my moment of "I don't know anything about you" like James's when he tried to write the bio. It is a sweet thing when kids really look at their moms and want to get to know them as people.