
For our anniversary I came across a concert that was coming to Cincinnati in June that I knew Michael would go nuts over, so I jumped on the chance and bought tickets. It was the Radio Talk Show, Prairie Home Companion. As long as I have known Michael he has listened to this show. When we had afternoon church he would turn it on for us to listen to on the way in the car. Me not having the long attention span that Michael has would tune it out and listen every once in a while and think, "Oh, huh, this is kind of boring." So to say the least I wasn't super excited to go and see them, but I was open to whatever Prairie Home Companion had to offer me. We got a babysitter and went on the 12th of June and I ended up really liking it. They had a couple different singers, one that I really liked, Kasey Chambers and then they had some story reading time, with sound affects and a couple of people who read poems. It was witty, funny, charming, and the best part is they recorded it and we got to listen to it on Sunday, Live out of Cincinnati. I didn't take pictures but here are a couple of links to Kasey Chambers and her hubby Shane Nicholson, and the Prairie Home Companion website.
2 comments:
I am TOTALLY JEALOUS! We missed them the last time they were in SLC... sounds like a great date!
That is fantastic. Jared would love to go to this as well. It is actually on Saturday night here. We listen often.
When Michael and I were kids, we would listen to radio theatre programs. Going to Provo was a trek, and we went at least weekly. Usually late on a Saturday night. We cleaned an Orthodontist office and we would all pile into the VW square back, and then listen to those programs on the radio. We didn't watch a lot of TV, and I don't remember what shows we watched, but I do remember listening to the radio. We loved the old mysteries and Lone Ranger. Ask Michael if he remembers.
Post a Comment