James is my sweet boy. He has such a tender heart. Two things just happened lately that just touched me. One day when he got off the bus he ran up to me where I was waiting for him and he was frantic, asking me, "Mommy did we say our prayers this morning?", "Mommy, we didn't say our prayers!" When I asked him why he broke out in tears, (side note: At school his teacher sends a behavior chart home to Michael and I saying if his day was "Great day or Unacceptable" The teacher will then put a check for Unacceptable or Great day on the chart) I then asked him why he was crying and he said, "Mommy, Heavenly Father didn't help me today with my behavior!" "I got a check mark on UNACCEPTABLE!!"(he said this wailing). We then talked about it, and I reminded him he needed to do his part in order for Heavenly Father to help him. And ever since then he has been praying all the time and asking for help. Well, he was sooo happy when I saw him today when he got a check on, Great day!!! So proud of him, working so hard!!
The other thing that happened was yesterday. We bought James his first sword for Karate. He has been soo excited about it. He wanted to go and show our neighbors and dear friends John and Andrea. The were so happy to have us come over, so on Sunday we called and went over and we had a lot of fun. They even bought Hot wheels for the boys. Well, yesterday James and I made some cookies for them and I asked if he wanted to write a Thank you note. Well, he got a paper and pencil and started to write. At school his teacher has been doing creative writing with her kids, so they make up stories and sound out their words. Well, he wrote the whole thank you out by himself, It says, Thank you for leting me to show you my sord. Love James (that was letter for letter) Then he drew a cute picture of our neighbors holding hands and their two dogs. I just thought it was the cutest Thank you note EVER!! I know I am his mom and think the world of him but if you were to have seen his cute, proud face you would have been teary eyed too. I love my James!
Down below is the Thank you note!!
5 comments:
I teared up reading that, Jo! I love your little James, and he IS so sweet and tender hearted. It made me want to go pray right now and not ever, ever forget!
ooooo yes that is sooo sweet joanna. he is a great kiddo.
Aww you do have a sweet baby boy. :) He has a good example to learn from!
Joanna and Michael,
Thank you for teaching James how important prayer is in his life. It is the key to his faith and strength in the answers he receives in saying prayer. It is our connection to heaven and binds us to our Father in Heaven, and guides back into his presence. Except we be as little children. Thank you James, for who you are. You, as his parents are both great examples. Keep up the good work.
Love, Grandma Mc aka Anna
so sweet...loved the thank you note!
Post a Comment