Saturday, April 24, 2010

What a day!

Yes, today was the day of all days for me. Every morning lately I awake to children yelling and screaming at each other. I am not a morning person, so to be woken up by that to me is really frustrating. They both then whine and cry and clobber each other until I yell and scream and everyone ends up in time outs. It doesn't start our day out great, I end up being a grump and then everyone else seems to leave the house mad. I have taken away T.V. in the mornings, that isn't working, and I don't like to read the scriptures in the mornings, Oh WHAT TO DO!!
I have also had a major problem with brother blaming, (in our house that is when one person does something to another when mommy and daddy aren't looking and then they tattle on the person who didn't do anything). We have also had a problem with lying and being sneaky. AGGHHHHH! So to say the least I have been feeling quite burdened with these trials and really, really want school to end so I can start a tight schedule for the boys to follow everyday. I mean my school.
Why does a parent have to feel guilt? That is what I feel when all of what I mentioned comes crashing down on me everyday, it makes me so tense I feel I will fall apart. I don't like to yell, I don't like to force my children to do things, I don't like to send them to time outs. I love my quiet, pleasant times I have with my boys. I'm done with the above annoyances, I want to be a happy mommy again.
My mom used to sing, "Love at Home" to us when we were fighting and things were not going how she wanted them too. We would get annoyed and walk out of the room. I remember her doing it though. I wonder what will happen if I bust out in song when the screaming starts?
I'm taking a trip by myself in a few months. I don't know if I can wait that long.

3 comments:

Sara, Nick, and kids said...

lol happens to everyone. i wonder what it is though lately especially- you think they know school is almost out and summer is almost here? just the past couple of weeks have been crazy!

McIntire Madness said...

I didn't know you woke up in my house....hehe

Lindsay said...

I know how you feel Jo! Hang in there! You are a great Mom and we all feel ALL of those things you are talking about. Today was one of those days for me. I want to stay up late and hope that tomorrow never comes, but alas it will, and I guess we should just take it one day at a time and know that we are only doing our BEST!!! (I'll sing "Love at Home" if you do!!) ;) (BTW, I got your graduation invite in the mail and it's on our fridge for all to see. You are gorgeous and I SO want to be there!!!!! I guess I will be there in spirit!)