Saturday, May 22, 2010

My month is May

What a great month I have had. Besides the fact that I have had bronchitis the entire month, I have been blessed beyond what I feel I deserve. Graduation. It came and went like the fastest day of my life. I still can't believe it is all over. I keep coming to the computer thinking I have an assignment due, or a test to take, but I have nothing. The day of graduation came on Saturday the 8th of May. I got there at NKU really early in the morning very nervous, (I don't know why), but I couldn't stop smiling. It did feel a little weird because I didn't know anyone. All of the people that were graduating with me were really really young. It was funny to hear reactions here and there about how their families made them walk, and how they didn't want to be there, and how they didn't know what to do with their lives. I was so grateful to be sitting there knowing I am doing something with my life, I am using my degree, I do have a family I am very proud of, and I did want to be there. My favorite part of the whole day was seeing my family up in the stands, my mom, dad, my boys, and my sister Heather, and even my mother in law was sweet enough to come and experience it with me. I felt tears come to my eyes so grateful to have them there, because they were the ones who supported me and helped me through my rough journey. James was so excited for me that he asked me if he could keep my college pin and keychain so he could put it on his backpack. He also kept asking me, "So mommy, you don't have to study anymore? FOREVER?" I think he was relieved for it to all be over with too.

Not only am I so relieved and grateful for school to be over with, but our business is flourishing beyond what I ever thought it would do. It is exciting, stressful, and overwhelming. I am so grateful to be doing it with my family, my mom, dad and even my sister is helping and supporting. I am grateful for blessings, I know I have them all the time but when the big ones come in when I am least expecting them to come it makes the world a much better place to tolerate. I have a lot of graduation pictures and more details to come about our business I can't completely express the just of it yet because we are in the process of letting all of our new customers know of the change but I will do an official post soon.

To end this post I do have to brag the I had the best massage today given to me by my dear neighbors, Andrea and John. Andrea is a massage therapist and gave me the works. What a way to top my wonderful month. Did I mention the massage was about an hour and 20 minutes long!?

2 comments:

Who Dat Girl said...

How exciting!! You've worked hard and that work is now a tangible thing. I am so proud of you and can't imagine trying to go to school with 2 children (let alone my 3).

Congratulations on your special achievement (and on the awesome massage!) and best of luck in the future deciding what your next step will be.

Hugs,

~Heather~

Sara, Nick, and kids said...

congratulations joanna!!
how exciting :)
and just think- the month is not even over yet!
hope you are feeling better.