Thursday, January 27, 2011

Anger Management


Today I had a lovely experience. I had to go pick James up from school because the boys both had their well check up. I was walking to the teacher who holds the clip board to sign your child out. There were parents everywhere waiting, and I didn't think twice about them waiting to sign because they all looked like they were done signing out and waiting for their child. Well, I took the clip board after a lady was done and a man behind me said to me, "I will take that. There are other people waiting here to sign their child out." He said it with a very rude tone. I just said to him, "Relax, I didn't know you were waiting, you don't have to be rude about it." He then said, "It isn't as rude as you cutting in front of other people like that." Both of my boys were standing right next to me watching me, and the man, my pregnancy blood starts to boil and I wanted to lay my smack down so bad, but I refrained. He then said to me, "You can stand there and keep being offended, or you can hand me the clip board!" Are you serious!! In my right mommy mind, I just said to myself, he is getting mad at you over signing his kid out, don't eat him alive, it isn't worth it. So I just politely said to him, "You know, you are being completely inappropriate." and then I handed him the clipboard. And guess what, his child's name wasn't even on the clipboard! Are you kidding me! AHHHHRRGHHHH! I'm so glad that my boys were with me because if they weren't I would have probably regretted my actions later. I tried to turn it into a teaching situation to my boys after James said to me when we were walking to the car, "Mommy, that guy was really rude to you." I just told him, that if that ever happens to you, just walk away or be as polite as you can back to him. I hoped he learned something because I sure did!! NEVER MESS WITH A PREGNANT WOMAN!!!!!

4 comments:

Ashley said...

i just stinkin love you :)

Sara, Nick, and kids said...

lol that is hilariousl! glad you were so cool about it- i can just see your face and tone saying "relax!" lol
i bet he was totally embarassed afterwards

Ron and Anna said...

You go, Girl!

You had all the"Pregnant Woman's Rights" and it is a good thing you kept your cool...

Sounds like the guy was too embarrassed to apologize after he made a complete idiot out of himself.
What did he do, walk away, and where was his kid?

the Nielsen's said...

Good job Jo. Makes me irritated hearing that kind of nonsense.