Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Our new family and the latest happenings

What a whirlwind it has been this last month. I can't believe my little guy is already 7 weeks old! It just goes faster and faster with each child you have! I think my memory also was taken from me after Austin because I have forgotten how challenging newborns can be! Poopy diapers, frequent feedings, changing clothes 3 times a day, carrying the car seat every where! All in all I am so happy that Tanner is here and I KNOW that he is meant to be in our family. The week Tanner and I got back from the hospital was challenging but fun. The boys had spring break and so they were home but it was quite fun to see them interact with their new brother. We didn't get to go outside very much but I don't think they cared one bit, just as long as they got turns holding their new favorite brother. As far as the physical aspect for me, it has been harder getting back into everyday life with three kids and household duties. But I am working each trial out and it seems to me that we have established quite a routine now.
Tanner is quite the sweetheart! But he has come with his challenges. He has been mildly colicky, with some tummy issues to work out. This time around I think I am a lot wiser, for I am determined to do whatever I can to NOT have a colicky baby. I did a lot of research and found some great supplements and took my chunky monkey to our chiropractor to get adjusted. Yes I did say chiropractor. He has been A LOT better with his fussiness and is a lot calmer. He still has troubles in the pooping department, but that will only work itself out with mature bowels. He is growing like a weed, at his 1 month appointment he grew 4 inches and was almost 13 pounds! I am curious to see how much bigger he is now, (he is feeling quite heavy.)
I love being a mom of 3 boys. I wouldn't or couldn't ask for a better experience as a mom.
I'm putting some random pictures of the last month and a half. A couple of them are of James holding Tanner, which he did quite often during spring break and Austin being a sweet, tough lovin brother. The bathtub pictures are of his big ole tummy, the joys if having bigger babies are only that they don't stay small for very long!!!








No comments: