Oh my Austin. Austin is my little character child. He is full of life, love, chocolate, and energy, lots of energy. Austin is also very very stubborn. When he doesn't want to do something, HE WILL NOT DO IT. When he wants to do something, expect him to do it with lots of energy, and done very well. He is amazing inside and out. The other day he came home from school sooo excited to show me something he made for me. He made me close my eyes and everything! It was a calendar!! He was jumping up and down and saying, "Look mom! I colored it pink just for you, because your a girl!" Then he gave me his dimple smile and kissed me. That's my Austin, he gets excited like that over EVERYTHING!!! His teacher at school keeps giving me feed back that he isn't focusing, he is distracting others, and he doesn't know his "space" boundaries. She also wants me to get him tested for ADD. The thing I have learned about boys is that they either grow out of some of their energy or they don't and you don't find out about that until they are in 1st and 2nd grade. I've thought about having him tested, but if you know my Austin, how could I give him medicine and take away some of the exciting, happy, full of life, sweet boy? I have come to enjoy my fun boy who makes me laugh every second of the day, I think for now his teacher is going to have to enjoy my fun boy too. The pictures above describe him to a tee! My sister took them a while ago and I love them.
Saturday, January 7, 2012
My Austin
Oh my Austin. Austin is my little character child. He is full of life, love, chocolate, and energy, lots of energy. Austin is also very very stubborn. When he doesn't want to do something, HE WILL NOT DO IT. When he wants to do something, expect him to do it with lots of energy, and done very well. He is amazing inside and out. The other day he came home from school sooo excited to show me something he made for me. He made me close my eyes and everything! It was a calendar!! He was jumping up and down and saying, "Look mom! I colored it pink just for you, because your a girl!" Then he gave me his dimple smile and kissed me. That's my Austin, he gets excited like that over EVERYTHING!!! His teacher at school keeps giving me feed back that he isn't focusing, he is distracting others, and he doesn't know his "space" boundaries. She also wants me to get him tested for ADD. The thing I have learned about boys is that they either grow out of some of their energy or they don't and you don't find out about that until they are in 1st and 2nd grade. I've thought about having him tested, but if you know my Austin, how could I give him medicine and take away some of the exciting, happy, full of life, sweet boy? I have come to enjoy my fun boy who makes me laugh every second of the day, I think for now his teacher is going to have to enjoy my fun boy too. The pictures above describe him to a tee! My sister took them a while ago and I love them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Darling pics! SO Austin.
OH! He's so cute...can't wait to hug and snuggle him :)
Good for you Joanna. Stick to your inclinations. You know your son better than anyone.
Austin is just fine. Holy cow, he is only in kindergarten. His teacher may be too strict and wants robots. Austy is NO robot.
He is a good boy, too. Love him to pieces.
Great pictures. Heather is a great photographer, and captured Austin in his naturalness. He is a cutie too!
We LOVE Austin and ALL his energy! You are the BEST mom for those boys!
I really enjoyed teaching Austin last week. He did a really good job at following the lesson and volunteering answers. He definitely was exuberant, but as long as I made myself interesting, he paid close attention.
Maybe his kindergarten teacher is too boring?
And I do not have ADD or ADHD but always had trouble staying in my seat. I remember being in trouble for getting out of my chair and skipping in the aisles on multiple occasions.
Lol- I think you are a lot like me and I think I actually do BETTER with kids that have a lot of energy! Like Lilly. And I wouldn't trade her for the world.
You remember crystal and Randy?? They were told the same things about Jakob but were totally against putting him on anything for the same reasons, they didn't want to change their full of life little boy! They found they were able to curb it a little with just things they could do at home....elimating sugar from his diet, lots of one on one time, etc. I love crystal so I may be bias but I think I would avoid medication at any cost!!
I'm with heather- we love ALL his energy, and I definitely don't think it's over the top, just fun :)
Post a Comment