Sunday, August 26, 2012
Our Baby T
I feel like I need to do a special post on our Baby T. Tanner has had the most changes in the past 5 months and Michael is sort of playing catch up with him. First of all Tanner is a pure delight. He is funny, cute, squishy, and so stinkin handsome. Tanner has been the sweetest little thing from the very beginning but has had a few issues that made life a little bit more difficult but nothing that we couldn't handle. When he was a few weeks old he started up with some breathing issues. He had bronchitis three different times, a bronchoscopy done, which all and all made us understand that he had a really bad bronchial infection that wouldn't go away but did after they had to invasively go inside of him and suction him out. After that he got about 5 ear infections mostly in the right ear and had fluid in the left. He got ear tubes in and has been a lot better since. He still has a few issues which I think we will resolve when he has some allergy testing done, when he is old enough.
Because of his issues he was only breast fed for about 5 months and he didn't sleep through the night until he was over a year old. Because he is our third all of those issues were no biggie because I knew they would end, it just made for one zombie mom.
As Tanner has gotten bigger he has shown a major interest in his big brothers. This has made for one little busy baby who has no interest in toys. I have tried everything to get him to play with toys longer than 5 minutes and, no luck. It just makes for another busy boy.
While Michael was in the hospital Tanner decided to walk. I tried everything to get him to not walk. When he tried I would even sit him down because I couldn't bare to see him walk without Michael knowing. And I didn't want him to get into things either. Michael finally saw Tanner after two months of not seeing him and it was an easy reunion. Tanner wasn't even affected by Michael being gone. He just climbed right up on top of his lap and was happy as ever. Michael had a little bit harder time. His body was weak and couldn't handle Tanner climbing all over him. It's better now and Michael has even fed him a bottle and picked him up a couple of times. I'm grateful for kids and them being so resilient. Tanner is an amazing baby and I'm grateful for his delightfulness, and all the joy he brings to us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
His smile alone makes me want to squeeze him and play with him. You are amazing!
Post a Comment