
Wow, I can't believe it has been a year since Michael's first surgery. I feel like it was all a nightmare that happened so long ago. Yesterday I emailed Michael's cardio surgeon to thank him for all he did on that awful day last year. This is what he said:
Good evening.
Thank you for your kind thoughts. I think of Michael, you and your family
often. It is hard to believe it has been a year.
I am so sorry that your family had to endure such pain. I so wish I could
have made things smoother for you. I rejoice that you all are together,
that you lovely family continues. I pray that you have many more years
together. Love is great, your love for each other is true. Promise you
will send me mementoes every once in a while to let me see your children
grow with you.
Sincerely,
Ksu
I love this man. The reason why I do is because he never stopped working hard to save Michael. I have learned that as a doctor there is only so much you can do. You can hope that what you're doing will be the best treatment. Michael's case was so severe and so complicated he had a hard time continually being challenged as a doctor, but he never stopped trying. I'll never forget on April 20th, 2012, after Michael's first surgery and all of his multiple organ failure, Michael had gone into cardiac arrest again. I had been in the waiting room, he sent a nurse out to get me. He walked up to me. (he's a lot shorter than me) so he sat me down. He put his arm on my shoulder and said, "I want you to know I have been doing everything I know how to do to bring your Michael home to you." He then said,"I have never been completely sure at what was going on with Michael, but now I am 80% sure." He then told me what he thought was wrong with Michael. He then explained that what he thinks is wrong might not be what is wrong with him, but that he would be prepared for whatever. He then looked at me and hugged me. I had to trust him, but I knew in my heart that he was the right person to trust. So I did, and he was right, and he saved him both times. I'm grateful for the journey, even though it was hard, I'm a different person now. I'm better, I appreciate everything more now, I love my family, I love my life, I love trials, I love being here on this earth. I love today and will every year Michael is still here with me.
No comments:
Post a Comment