Saturday, May 16, 2009

Time Out for Women

TIME OUT FOR WOMEN
I just got back a couple of hours from TOFW and I am feeling pretty pooped but pretty happy to have gone. I went with my mom and sister, Heather. It was so much fun. I did feel a void of my two other sisters not there with us. This was my third TOFW that I have been to and I think it affected me a lot more this time. There was one presenter in particular who affected me a lot, her name was Emily Watts. She was amazing and had an amazing personality and spirit about her. My other favorite speaker was of course, Sheri Dew who I could listen to all day long. And then a good friend of mine, Victoria Fellows was chosen for the local presenter. She wrote an essay about her experience this last year that was life changing. She lost her husband Ammon to a freak accident. I was so proud of her strong, brave spirit that she brought to the stage. She has come such a long way and I was like a proud momma looking up at her and her strengthened testimony.
I am soo grateful for my mom and my hubby making it possible for me to go and be uplifted to be a better person and wife and mommy. They did have a musical presenter on Friday night that was amazing! Her name is Jenny Oaks Baker and she is a violinist. She touched me like no other with her beautiful music. There have been only two other people in my life who have made me cry when they either sing or play in front of me and that has been my two sisters, Lindsay and Heather. She played Beautiful Savior and I cried like a baby. I loved my weekend. It was needed and I will cherish it forever.

4 comments:

liso. said...

how fun to get to hang out with your ladies! i'm constantly jonesin for some LOCAL sister love!

you guys look so alike it kills me!

Sara, Nick, and kids said...

O wow I didn't know Victoria was speaking or I would have made more of an effort to come. I hope someone taped it...

McIntire Madness said...

I went this year to and loved it! I'm so glad you were able to go! Did Emily Watts say...."By their fruits you shall know them, but sometimes they are slow to ripen" in reference to children! I loved it!

Ron and Anna said...

Joanna,
Attending TOFW is like Ed. Wk here. You deserve the time for yourself and the things you learn help you be a better you! Jenny Oaks Baker performed at Ed.WK last year. I had one of her CDs. Tana, Lindsay and I went to see her in the concert hall where your sis Lindsay performed. Remember? I am planning to go to Ed. Week again in August.