Sunday, October 25, 2009

A Great Day

In the midst of all the gloom this last week my mom called me up and asked me if I wanted to do a race for the cure, breast cancer. My Aunt Pam was just recently diagnosed with breast cancer, so the first words out of my moms mouth was, lets do it for her! I have done a few of these races because I have always wanted to support the cure but never thought I would do it for a loved one. So of course I was all for it! So we wore our shirts and my mom was even so cute to write on the back, In honor of Aunt Pam.

Through all my frustrations this week I kept thinking the whole time when we were running/walking how much pain my Aunt has to be in after her mastectomy, and how she has to struggle now through all the chemo, it made my hard week seem so much easier. It really made a great ending to my week, and the boys even loved getting out in the fresh air, as they rode in the stroller with me pushing along. Thanks mom for the great idea and Aunt Pam, we love you! Hang in there! Fight the fight, cause we are right along side fighting for you! Muahhh!!