Before, super sick.
After, not sick.

Someone told me on Sunday after I told her that my boys had been really sick this last week, "Isn't it nice sometimes when your kids are sick, because they are quiet and a lot calmer." I said, "Uhhhh, Noooo, it's not nice." I don't like worrying about them, and I don't like seeing them suffer. My boys don't get sick very much but when they do it is pretty sick. I told James this weekend that I missed his smile. He just stared at me, I didn't like seeing him not himself. He wouldn't even talk to or hug my mom when he saw her on Saturday, but on Sunday after he took a really long nap my parents came over, and James just lit up to see his Nana, he hugged her and told her stories, and smiled and read her books. I wanted to cry, and then yesterday he told me something funny and then smiled. I thought to myself, My boy is back. I love my James. Now Austin on the other hand, didn't get as sick so I didn't worry as much about him, but it's nice to see that he isn't coughing either or up all night, or having a fever. I love my crazy, funny boys, I told them they aren't allowed to ever get sick again! (Until the next time, Right!)

Someone told me on Sunday after I told her that my boys had been really sick this last week, "Isn't it nice sometimes when your kids are sick, because they are quiet and a lot calmer." I said, "Uhhhh, Noooo, it's not nice." I don't like worrying about them, and I don't like seeing them suffer. My boys don't get sick very much but when they do it is pretty sick. I told James this weekend that I missed his smile. He just stared at me, I didn't like seeing him not himself. He wouldn't even talk to or hug my mom when he saw her on Saturday, but on Sunday after he took a really long nap my parents came over, and James just lit up to see his Nana, he hugged her and told her stories, and smiled and read her books. I wanted to cry, and then yesterday he told me something funny and then smiled. I thought to myself, My boy is back. I love my James. Now Austin on the other hand, didn't get as sick so I didn't worry as much about him, but it's nice to see that he isn't coughing either or up all night, or having a fever. I love my crazy, funny boys, I told them they aren't allowed to ever get sick again! (Until the next time, Right!)
5 comments:
OH I hate when they are sick too! I think it's way more work, and it's sad.....you can't sleep because you are worried about them. Poor little guy--and poor mom!! :)
so glad they are better. it was nice to see you tonight:)
I'm SO glad that he's feeling better!
Aw....I'm soooo glad your boys are better!!!!! What little cuties you have Jo!
And it's just like you to worry so much....
it's cause you are such a great mommy and such an amazing, heartfelt person...
And I love you to bits!
Post a Comment