which lies dormant in the broad daylight of prosperity; but which
kindles up and beams and blazes in the dark hour of adversity.
-Washington Irving
I am home alone! At last! I have a moment of peace. I wouldn't say its the best peace, but its peace. My back pain seems to be masked with a lot of drugs but when they wear off I can't sleep or stand or bend forward for a long period of time because then I feel like someone is putting a lot of pressure on my spine.
Anyway, enough complaining I came across this blog a while ago through one of my sisters blogs and its this mormon mom who has a great knack for writing. She is also really fun and positive. A while ago her and her husband got in a severe plane crash and she was burned over 80% of her body and then her husband 30% of his body. I was just looking at her blog and was very impressed with her perseverance and love for life. I was in tears thinking, I wish I could be more like that! She had this quote I put above on her blog that I really loved and is sooo true. I feel that when we have our trials we do become stronger, but even as women we become even stronger because we have to not only strengthen ourselves but our mommy side too. So as for my back pain, I do have to say, This too shall pass! (even if it might not seem like it will)
4 comments:
That is so interesting that you talk about this woman. I turned the TV on a few days ago and Oprah was on and she was on it. Interestingly, I don't watch tv during the day hardly ever, but I was so touched by her. I was in tears as I watched the segment. She had such a quiet nobility about her, it was amazing. I was up late last night and went searching for her blog and found it. Isn't technology wonderful? We can be lifted and supported with the help of others who we don't even know.
I'm so sorry that you are in such pain, I wish I was close to help. You are wonderful! I'm greatful to know you, even if it's from a distance.
That is a great quote! Wow. I hope your back is feeling better by today!
that is my favorite thing to say- this too shall pass. but it is also important top find joy in the journey! i definately agree that our trials make us stronger. sometimes immediately and drastically.
I love reading her blog, too, Jo! I have her link on my blog list and read it every time she posts. She IS very positive, isn't she? I've learned a lot from her and their family's experience with the plane crash & burns.
I hope that you get feeling better, Jo! And that your back heals soon!!!
Post a Comment