Thursday, October 28, 2010

It was a good night

It was a good night tonight. Did anyone ever watch The Sound of Music when you were a kid? I did. I loved it. Oprah had all of them for a reunion on her show today. I don't have a lot of time to watch Oprah, and don't really like Oprah, but I really wanted to watch it today. I turned it on, and guess what happened? Little loud monkeys jumping all over the place and all over each other. Did I hear a word that was going on? Negative. Did I get mad? Yes. Should I have gotten mad, of course not, but when do you get to see a Sound of Music reunion, Um, never!! After that things went down hill. James came home grumpy, Austin went wild, (like usual). Results, mommy with no patience. Is it so much to ask for mommy to watch one thing? UGH!

With that in mind. I needed a break. With James being sick the last few days and Austin yearning for more attention because all the attention was on James taking care of him, I was ready to go away for a while. And that is what I did. I went out with the spanish sisters. A part of me, the part that tries really hard to be grudge spiritual things when I am in a bad mood, didn't want to go. The other part of me made the naughty part go and it was worth it. I actually was prompted during the discussion, I actually felt the spirit, and I actually missed my mission, a lot. There is something about a mission that will never ever leave me. The feelings I get when I am with really good missionaries make me feel rejuvenated again, spiritually. I miss the happiness, the protection, the love you feel on your mission, it is like no other. I even miss the disappointments. I know that sounds silly, but I loved my mission. It made me who I am today. I hope my boys will get to feel that someday. I like bad days that end good, I don't like the bad part, just the good, because it makes me appreciate the good even more.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Random enough, I have been to a von trapp reunion. I was in Rwanda, and the community center that I volunteered at had Jack Hanna (of animal planet) come visit with a large check, and he brought the von trapp family (apparently they are neighbors in Montana). They sang some songs from The Sound of Music. It was pretty special

Jessica said...

hey, i LOVE the sound of music. i missed the show, too, but my sister sent me a clip of it on youtube. sophie sat and watched the whole thing with me. hahaha. here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8dlM4zVFdY&feature=player_embedded#!