Saturday, July 7, 2012

My Wife is Amazing!

Over these past few months I have been able to see and experience how much love my sweet wife Joanna has for me. She has spent countless sleepless nights and exhausting days to make sure I was alright. She has made amazing decisions and I trust her with my life. Most people would say that about their spouse but are rarely in a real-life situation where their decisions could save them. I am so grateful for what she has done and continues to do everyday. She is so very tired and still trying her best. I am so blessed to be loved by her. She could not do it without love and support from wonderful family members and friends. Phone calls, text messages, and notes are invaluable and keep her hopes up and keep her going. It is hard for me to imagine or understand what all of my loved ones went through. I don't remember the first month of being in the hospital and that is when things looked most bleak. My heart aches for the people who love me and had to endure such grief and pain. I am now doing my best to have some sense of what they went through. It is hard when you cause pain to the people you love, even though it is out of your control. My wife and family gave me so much of their love and time I can only hope to begin to find out and understand how my condition has effected them all. Today, Joanna was reading books to the boys. Watching her I was so filled with gratitude that she is wonderful mother. She puts everyone else first. I love her with all my heart and am so blessed to be with her. Michael

1 comment:

Ron and Anna said...

Michael,
As your family watched you go through what you endured well, we never gave up that you would make it.

Michael, we are all so thankful for our prayers that (GOD)were honored and you remained with us.

We attempt to let you know what happened "while you were sleeping, Michael." We are working on our thoughts (to give you the account)and impressions of your ordeal and how it affected us all. WE Love you SOOOO much!

Love, Mom and Ron